We strive to provide holistic care and support that is not faith based, racial or discriminatory to all community members at all times.
Seboche Mission Hospital is a non-profit Roman Catholic health institution, owned by the Diocese of Leribe. It started as a clinic in 1947.At its inception, services provided by the clinic were limited to EPI (Smallpox) and the Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Food Programme. The hospital proper was constructed in 1956 and upgraded to Hospital Status in 1962 by Dr Bertha Harttigan from Switzerland. Starting with only with 12 personnel, the hospital has grown to employ 120 professional employees and 40 hospital assistants, with 96 available beds, under the administration of the Sisters of Charity of Ottawa (SCO).
Seboche Mission Hospital is one of nine health facilities that fall within the jurisdiction of the Christian Health Association of Lesotho (CHAL), an organisation that was established in 1974 in order to co-ordinate health activities as undertaken by mission hospitals and clinics in Lesotho. All facilities within this group rely for their survival on donor support. Donors include the government of Lesotho, UN organisations, and church organisations and SolidarMed.
The hospital serves a catchment population of about 14 294 people distributed throughout 30 villages. There are a total of five health centres that are supervised by the hospital. Four of the five belong to government, the fifth clinic, St. Peter’s Health Centre, belongs to the Roman Catholic Church.
The Hospital's Mission is to provide easily accessible, affordable and high quality health service that are rights-based and gender sensitive to all Basotho people, particularly those residing in the district of Botha-Bothe and neighboring districts, in line with the social and dogmatic teachings of the Catholic Church.